[Development] Qt 4.x and Qt 5 frameworks should use @rpath (QTBUG-31814)

Sorvig Morten Morten.Sorvig at digia.com
Mon Aug 4 14:27:35 CEST 2014

On 04 Aug 2014, at 12:22, Adam Strzelecki <ono at java.pl> wrote:

>> So, let's end this discussion and start focusing efforts towards building the solution.
>

> Now let's focus on submitting patches :>

Before you do that, can you write up a proposal on what you want to accomplish and how to get there? There are multiple stake-holders (including me) who do not necessarily want to read through an email discussion and/or patches in order to see the big picture.

I agree we should make Qt relocatable (with @rpath). I also think the current macdeployqt solution works adequately. There is one standing issue: code signing does not work on 10.9+. I would like to see this resolved before work on using @rpath begins.

(I don’t work on the installer framework so I don’t have an opinion there.)

Morten