[Development] Merging Qt 5.3 branch into dev branch

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at digia.com
Mon Aug 4 18:22:18 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Monday, August 04, 2014 07:23:46 AM BogDan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any chance to have a more often merging of 5.3 branch into dev?
> I have a few pending patches for dev branch which depends on others that I
> pushed to 5.3 branch a few days ago.

I usually try to do a merge roughly every 1-2 weeks, depending on the amount
of patches. Then it also takes a while to get the merge integrated, just like
any other patch.

Feel free to ask on irc or via mail when you need a merge quickly, usually I
or someone else can do this.

I don't think we need more merges, they just clutter the  history. Of course
waiting too long is bad as well and conflicts just pile up.

Greetings,
Frederik