[Development] Qt 4.x and Qt 5 frameworks should use @rpath (QTBUG-31814)

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Tue Aug 5 13:13:43 CEST 2014

> So I think at this point we can agree on this so far, on the condition that:
>
> (1) The remaining absolute rpath will not be a permanent thing and is simply postponed to "Phase II"

Yes, but please note that "Phase I" doesn't make changes to existing workflow, while "Phase II" will. So Qt stakeholders must fully agree. Neither me nor you are the ones who should take such decision. However we may advise them to do so :)

> (2) Copying frameworks to bundle will be DEFAULT workflow in "Phase II" (I have no problems with adding an option to turn it off)

Okay, okay, but let Qt stakeholders state their opinion first. I am okay with that, but whether it will or not this isn't up to us.

Even "Phase I" has no green light yet ;)

Cheers,
--
Adam