[Development] Feature Freeze exception for SSL on WinRT

Oliver Wolff oliver.wolff at digia.com
Wed Aug 6 15:10:27 CEST 2014

Hi,

similar to the efforts that are done to get SSL running on Ios we are
also trying to make it happen on WinRT. Unfortunately the functionality
will not be ready in time for the feature freeze. As SSL support is
quite important for the whole network story (and to bring enginio to
winrt as well), I kindly ask to get a feature freeze exception for WinRT
for that area. I talked to Rich about having a stub implementation (see
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/91576/ ) in for the feature freeze
and add functionality there afterwards. Even though he would have
preferred to have the functionality in place in time, having the stub in
place and fill it (right) afterwards is fine with him. So (one) the
approver would be fine with that approach, but asking here is probably
another story.

So would having an exception for WinRT be ok in that case?

BR,
Olli