[Development] HEADS UP: Qt 5.4 feature freeze - is frozen now

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 11:31:25 CEST 2014

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 10:39 PM, Hausmann Simon
<Simon.Hausmann at digia.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I sincerely hope that the class name will be reconsidered, given how generic and therefore ambiguous the term volume is. Please consider making it more specific by adding Storage or something else to the name and avoid that people guess wrongly and avoid people finding this class when they search for the audio volume api elsewhere in Qt. Pretty please with a cherry :)

First thing i though when seeing the "QVolumeInfo" name was:
"Oh cool, so this abstracts the _sound_ volume information between
windows/mac/linux."
Which it's not.

The first thing one associates "volume" with is sound, not mounted
volumes hence the current name is ambiguous.

QStorageInfo would be a much better fit imho.