[Development] [Releasing] HEADS UP: Qt 5.4 feature freeze - branch created

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Sun Aug 10 16:27:51 CEST 2014

On 10/08/14 15:39, "Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

>On Sunday 10 August 2014 10:58:24 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>> lars' statement has no implications for the execution of the branching
>> procedure.
>
>It should, since it reflects the agreed-upon way of doing things. It's
>also how
>we've done it for the past 4 feature releases. You can't change the
>procedure
>without announcing ahead of time and letting people comment.

I think I’m missing a mail here. But if this is about me asking for a
different class name for QvolumeInfo, I don’t see this as an issue (see
below).

>> dev is closed for 5.4 changes. there is no discussion about that.
>> pending retargeting requests will be executed around 6pm CEST, which
>> will include QVolumeInfo.
>
>So you're not giving me the weekend to run integrations and fix issues
>with
>QVolumeInfo.
>
>Ok, fair enough. Then I request an extension to Thursday, at least, since
>I'm
>spending Monday and Tuesday flying back to Portland, recovering from
>jetlag and
>catching up on work email.

I think we’ve already agreed that the class can go into 5.4. Since there
are no cross dependencies to other parts of Qt right now (ie. It has close
to zero risks of breaking anything else), let’s simply get it finished
during the next few days and then submitted to the 5.4 branch.

Cheers,
Lars