[Development] Qt 4.x and Qt 5 frameworks should use @rpath (QTBUG-31814)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Aug 12 01:25:56 CEST 2014

On Monday 11 August 2014 17:15:37 Jake Petroules wrote:
> server:~ jakepetroules$ otool -L
> /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/Current/QtGui
> /Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/Current/QtGui:
>         /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.6/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
> (compatibility version 4.8.0, current version 4.8.6)

If you didn't specify -prefix $PWD when configuring, you MUST make install.
Running applications against an uninstalled Qt is not supported and we don't
have to make it work. Only Qt's own buildsystem needs to address that so it
can run the applications needed for building during building.

So, which one was it?