[Development] Qt 4.x and Qt 5 frameworks should use @rpath (QTBUG-31814)

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Tue Aug 12 18:36:16 CEST 2014

> The target name: Should that be “deploy”? “make deploy" would then perform platform-specific deployment.

Well, I think "deploy" isn't a correct name. IMHO deployment is more like uploading application (service) to target system. We aren't to upload or transfer anything.

So either "bundle" or "dist" (used in many other project as something that created complete package). However I would expect "dist" also doing a .dmg file.

However if "deploy" is existing convention for other Qt platforms lets us it.

macdeployqt      -> "make bundle"
macdeployqt -dmg -> "make dist" (or "make dmg")
macdeployqt -use-debug-libs -> determined on build type or some CONFIG option

> Default behavior: I’m on favor of keeping it opt-in, either via "CONFIG += bundle_frameworks" or “make bundle”

Me too. However as I said previously stakeholders are to decide. I don't want start over this discussion with Jake.

--Adam