[Development] Intended QUrl::toDisplayString behavior on Windows

Kevin Funk kfunk at kde.org
Wed Aug 13 14:14:38 CEST 2014

Hey,

while porting to Qt5/KF5, we've found some issues with the new
QUrl::toDisplayString method on Windows.

Running the attached test-case [1], we get the following results
with Qt5 dev branch on Windows:

  path "/C:/tmp"
  toLocalFile "C:/tmp"
  toDisplayString "file:///C:/tmp"
  toDisplayString(QUrl::PreferLocalFile) "/C:/tmp"

I'm especially puzzled by the latter one
(toDisplayString(QUrl::PreferLocalFile)), which is supposed to return a
"human-readable" string for the given url.
That should return "C:/tmp", right?

Maybe David F. or Thiago can give an insight into this?

Thanks