[Development] Looking for a way to batch-upload independent changes to Gerrit

Marc Mutz marc.mutz at kdab.com
Tue Aug 19 22:51:20 CEST 2014

Hi Thiago,

On Tuesday 19 August 2014 09:38:03 Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 August 2014 00:38:48 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > git push gerrit `list all cherry-picked commits | sed
> > 's,$,:refs/for/5.4,'`
>
> aka: rtfm...
>
> Got it, thanks!

It seems that the above can be and has been read as a (harsh, if read that
way) way of saying that you provided too little information. It wasn't meant
that way.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't've hit CTRL-RET so quickly....

It was more like a note-to-self: I was referring to my finding the <refspec>...
(note the ...) in the synopsis of git-push, which basically means one-or-more
refspecs. I had previously overlooked that (and the prose that follows in the
man page doesn't make a point about multiple refspecs), and the quoted line
nudged me to look there again. And yes, that's pretty much impossible to guess
from the text without psychic powers...

Again: I'm sorry.

Marc

--
Qt Developer Days 2014 - October 6 - 8 at BCC, Berlin