[Development] QtMultimedia and Musepack

Renaud renaud.guezennec at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 13:09:56 CEST 2014

Hello,

I recently ported application from Qt4 to Qt5 and I rewrote a bit the
audioplayer in it. Now it is using QtMultimedia instead of Phonon.

I noticed that mpc file are not read. I got this error: [Error: "Could
not decode stream."]
I installed some packages on my linux about musepack: libmpcdec6
libmpcdec-dev  musepack-tools mppenc mpc123 (ubuntu 14.04).

It is still not working. Qt5 comes from ubuntu packages.

So the problem can come from several places:
-1/ QtMultimedia does not support musepack file. I should convert all
my mpc files.
-2/ QtMultimedia from Ubuntu package had been compiled without the
support on musepack, I have to recompile Qt5.
-3/ QtMultimedia should support the musepack files (through plugin
mecanism). It may not find the musepack lib and load them. I should
ask to ubuntu support.

Regards