[Development] Multimedia support.

Thorvaldur Jochumsson jochumsson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 15:37:26 CEST 2014

Hi I am currently designing multimedia support for my application. I am
wondering which approach to take. Should I make use of the phonon library
or make use of the multimedia support provided in the Qt multimedia
library? We are currently making use of Qt 4.8, where phonon is supported.
However, I am not sure whether it is the official plan (if there is an
official plan) to support phonon in future releases. I don’t want to be in
the situation in half a year that I cannot make use of the newest Qt
release since they no longer support phonon. Anyone who can give me
feedback on this?

Many thanks,

Thorvaldur