[Development] Linux release binaries too old

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Tue Aug 26 16:13:35 CEST 2014

Thanks for starting the thread, Alex. I still hadn't had time to
really do my homework on my side of this problem, apart from talking
to you :-)

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Blasche Alexander
<Alexander.Blasche at digia.com> wrote:
> It is my understanding that the current Linux release binary packages are built on Ubuntu 11.10 machines. This is very ancient. In fact for Bluetooth Low Energy (new feature in 5.4) this is too ancient.

This also looks to be a problem for QtWayland binary packages, though
I'm not sure I'd say that those are urgent enough to hold releasing up
with.

I'm not an expert with Ubuntu anymore (haven't used it for a number of
years) but it looks like the libwayland available in 11.10 is ancient.
QtWayland needs at least 1.2.0 (which is already a pretty conservative
requirement).

If it were up to me, I'd just leave it as-is, and say that the
QtWayland release is source-only, for 5.4 at least.