[Development] QStorageInfo

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Fri Aug 29 13:05:18 CEST 2014

Иван Комиссаров schreef op 29-8-2014 13:01:
> Иван Комиссаров
>
> 29 авг. 2014 г., в 14:46, André Somers <andre at familiesomers.nl> написал(а):
>
> Thiago Macieira schreef op 29-8-2014 06:32:
>>> Could be, but I want to be really clear that it should only be local,
>>> remote and unknown. I don't want other types like "removable
>>> magnetic", "removable optical", "removable solid state", "virtual
>>> regular filesystem", "virtual special", etc.
>> Just wondering, but what exactly is the problem with providing more
>> details if such details are available? A combination of flags "local",
>> "removable" and "optical" would be quite informative.
>>
>> André
> The problem is you can't rely on that information. For example, "optical" is totally useless on Linux (we can't get that info). So, your program should consider that and /*probable*/ not use "optical" flag at all.
> Still, local/remote/removable flags seem quite reasonable to me
Even though Qt is a cross-platform toolkit, that does not mean every Qt
user writes cross-platform software, does it? On windows, I believe you
_can_ get this kind of information. If my application is targeted at
Windows, why should I not rely on this kind of information? Just like
with local/remote, the information may not be available in all cases or
on all platforms, but that does not mean the information is useless in
all other cases or on all platforms.

André