[Development] QCONFIG_FLAGS vs defines

Jeremy Lainé jeremy.laine at m4x.org
Fri Dec 5 18:29:02 CET 2014

Hi,

I am currently trying to finalize an SSL backend using SecureTransport to add SSL support
for iOS and/or replace the OpenSSL backend for OSX [1].

When this backend is configured the following should get defined:

QT_NO_OPENSSL
QT_SECURETRANSPORT

To achieve this I modifed the "configure" script to conditionally add these to
QCONFIG_FLAGS. This works just fine for OSX, but for iOS the defines seem to be absent,
resulting in a build error. What am I doing wrong? Is the behaviour of QCONFIG_FLAGS
expected to be different between OSX and iOS?

I see some other defines are added by like this:

QMakeVar add DEFINES QT_NO_MTDEV

..which results in this -DQT_NO_MTDEV being passed directly to the compiler (which works
for iOS too). Is this what I should be doing instead?

Thanks,
Jeremy

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/101485/