[Development] dev snapshots idea

Knight Andrew andrew.knight at theqtcompany.com
Mon Dec 8 16:10:25 CET 2014

Hi Massimo,

Perhaps you’re looking for http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/ ?

Cheers,
Andrew

From: development-bounces+andrew.knight=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org [mailto:development-bounces+andrew.knight=theqtcompany.com at qt-project.org] On Behalf Of Massimo Callegari
Sent: 08 December 2014 17:07
To: development at qt-project.org
Subject: [Development] dev snapshots idea

Hello Qt team, Jani,
if possible, it would be nice to have snapshots during the whole development of a Qt release.
I'm not asking for nightly builds, but I would say snapshots every 1-2 weeks would allow a lot of users
to test the latest developments, especially for those who follow Gerrit like me.
Building Qt from GIT is somehow tedious, requires a lot of time and moreover you're never sure if a build issue is because you haven't done a proper clean/disclean/uninstall/git pull.

I believe it would also help you guys not to rush to fix deployment issues when the time comes to release an alpha/beta/rc.

Maybe you can just limit the targets to the most used ones, which you will decide.
E.g. Linux+Android x64, OSX android+ios, Windows msvc2013 opengl and sources.

I would appreciate some feedback about this idea. If it is not feasible, just let us know.
Thanks in advance and keep up the good work !

Massimo