[Development] QTBUG-36811. Qml date behaves unexpectedly for negative years.

Valery Kotov kotov.valery at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 19:55:39 CET 2014

Dear all,

I'm currently working on QTBUG-36811 (Qml date behaves unexpectedly for
negative years). Unfortunately, I'm a little unsure how negative years
should be handled with qml date. Actually, I've got the same confusion
about 0 year.
At some point qml date uses QDate class. And QDate handles negative years
in such manner: if a year is less or equal to 0, it decrements it. It seems
to be correct as far as there is not such thing as 0 year.
On the other hand, I can't find any specific information how negative dates
should be handled in java script. "A four-digit value representing the
year, negative values are allowed" is the only piece of information which I
could find. It turned out from experiment that neither Chrome nor Firefox
convert year. They set year value to the one is passed to setYear method.
I'm a little bit confused. Do you probably know how qml date class should
handle 0 year and negative years?

Thank you!
--
Sincerely yours,