[Development] Do QtQuick.Layouts depend on QtQuick.Controls?

Dmitry Volosnykh dmitry.volosnykh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 11:15:58 CET 2014

Hi!

"What's New in Qt 5" documentation article
(http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qt5-intro.html) under
"Designing UI Made Simpler" section introduces Qt Quick Controls and
Qt Quick Layouts modules at once. As far as I can see there is no
clear evidence that Layouts may be used separately from Controls. The
only pros I am aware of are "Qt Quick Layouts Overview" article
(http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qtquicklayouts-overview.html) and my
personal similar experience with desktop Qt 5.

The question arised from the situation when I faced the absence of
Layouts on embedded Linux box with custom build of Qt 5 by my collegue
who states that it was default build for that platform. We don't need
Controls there sicne all the UI is handcrafted by our team, but we
would really like to have Layouts available because it really
simplifies UI composition!

Probably, playing with mkspecs could help?

Regards,
Dmitry.