[Development] Assistant documentation can not be copied anymore?

Bernhard private at bernhard-lindner.de
Wed Dec 17 12:40:58 CET 2014

Hi!

After searching for functions and features in Qt Assistant  I used to copy
code snippets (like function names, signatures etc.) from the Assistant
pages. Starting with Qt5.4 that got pretty annoying.

Still copied code looks perfectly fine but VS2013 Intellisense and compiler
complain about strange errors. It seems there are invisible characters
hidden in the assistant pages that break the code. VS editor doesn't show
these characters at all which is extremely annoying and hard to figure out.

E.g. I tried to copy the prototype of the QWidget::showEvent into the VS
editor. It contains an invisible but harmful character that can't be
compiled (seems the character is inserted directly in front if the
"showEvent" function name).

Has something changed in the formatting Assistant's pages from Qt 5.3.2 to
Qt 5.4? Can someone confirm/explain this?

--
Kind Regards
Bernhard Lindner