[Development] Need help to integrate a patch with MSVC2008 (wince)

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Thu Dec 18 19:04:50 CET 2014

On Thursday 18 December 2014 09:34:19 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday 18 December 2014 14:56:05 Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > I've got a patch that does not integrate because it fails in CI on
> > MSVC2008
> > (wince)
> >
> > https://codereview.qt-project.org/98658/
> >
> > Probably due to a compiler bug, the problem seems to be that the proper
> > template partial specialization is not taken.
> > I don't have access to this compiler so I don't know how to work around
> > this problem.
>
> Make sure you've tried compiling with GCC and Clang in C++98 mode, since the
> SFINAE rules changed. It's possible you're hitting that.

Yes (even the CI system does that)

I have tried to make a simplified testcase that would exhibit the problem:
https://cpaste.org/plsooz9z2
But it was reported that it DOES compile.
So I still don't know what it the exact problem  (and therefore how to work
around it)

--
Olivier

Woboq - Qt services and support - http://woboq.com - http://code.woboq.org