[Development] Build Hotspots in the Qt build process

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Feb 5 18:18:52 CET 2014

Em qua 05 fev 2014, às 11:58:50, Simon Hausmann escreveu:
> Hi Shane,
>
> Interesting stuff :)
>
> How do you determine that a particular header file is the "hot spot"? (I
> didn't understand that part from the slide set) Is that header file
> commonly included in other files that result in long-building object files?

Hello Shane

I'm with Simon, this is very interesting stuff!

I'm wondering if we could make use of your data to figure out what headers we
should precompile. You said you extract a graph from the build: is there a way
to parse that graph to produce a list of headers most commonly included in a
given module?

We've had precompilation support in qmake for a decade, but apparently we use
that in exactly 3 modules...