[Development] Plans for printing in 5.3 onwards

Shaw Andy Andy.Shaw at digia.com
Mon Feb 10 18:07:11 CET 2014

> > >I’ve now gone through all changes. The set looks pretty good overall, and
> > >testing on Linux showed no regressions compared to 5.2.
> >
> > One correction here: The paperRect as shown in the preview of the dialogs
> > manual test shows some slightly different results, that look like a
> > rounding issue. Not sure whether that’s a problem that should be fixed or
> > not, but you should have a look.
> >

> > >IMO, you can go ahead and stage the first set of changes that are mainly
> > >cleanups.
> > >
> > >There are quite a few comments on the changes adding the new public API.
> > >Nothing major, but it would be good if you could go through the series and
> > >fix patches according to the comments. There’s also a compile error with
> > >QPageMargins that somehow is not catched on Linux (no idea why not).
> > >
> > >Friedemann said that there were still issues with printing on Windows (see
> > >comments on https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,76913).
> > >
> > >Could you have a look at these things and update the patch set?
>
> I've also gone through some of the changes and ran the tests on the full set on
> Mac, I put in the comments I had so far. It generally looks good but once the
> dust settles on the ones needing changes I'll do a proper test of the functionality
> on Mac as well to check that actual printing works fine too. I have some things
> in mind to check as I've dealt with enough printing problems the past year to last
> me a life time ;)

Since the feature freeze is on the 14th I have been eagerly awaiting the changes that have been indicated already have been done so I can carry on testing. Have I missed some updates or something? I am concerned because I know how many people use the printing and we need to try and get these changes tested and fixed where necessary in good time for the final so the transition is not really noticed by the users. So is there any update on these patches or should we consider waiting until Qt 5.4 to ensure they are all ready correctly?

Andy