[Development] websockets (was RE: Qt 5.3 Feature freeze is coming quite soon...)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Feb 11 17:15:05 CET 2014

Em ter 11 fev 2014, às 09:04:39, Konrad Rosenbaum escreveu:
> Please don't go there. AFAIK qrand() is a function meant to be equivalent to
> the ANSI-C rand() function. I.e. it is supposed to be used by simple
> simulations, be fast and produce reproducable random numbers when seeded
> with the same value.

Fast? yes.

Needs to produce reproduceable sequence? Yes, but only because of unit
testing.

Equal to rand()? I'm not sure we need to keep that.

My idea was to simply securely pre-seed the PRNG before you had a chance to
use it, in each thread. If you need to seed it to something constant to get
constant results, you'd still be able to.