[Development] ActiveQt AxServer with CMake

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 16:47:52 CET 2014

> Has anyone managed to create an ActiveQt server with CMake?

To clarify, is the problem with running the IDC/IDL tools or some
other step? The CMake logic we've used for this is roughly:

set(IDL_COMMANDS
  COMMAND idl ${BINARY_PATH} -idl ${BINARY_PATH}.idl
  COMMAND midl ${BINARY_PATH}.idl ${BINARY_PATH}.tlb
  COMMAND idc ${BINARY_PATH} -tlb ${BINARY_PATH}.tlb)

add_custom_command(TARGET ${SERVER_TARGET} POST_BUILD ${IDL_COMMANDS}
  COMMENT "Generating and embedding type library")

Where ${SERVER_TARGET} is the name of the executable target that is
the ActiveX server and ${BINARY_PATH}
is set to '$<TARGET_FILE:SERVER_TARGET>' - CMake automatically expands
that to the .exe path at build time.
So the target is built as normal and then idl/idc is run as a
post-build step whenever the target is rebuilt.

Regards,
Rob.