[Development] About html 5 audio/video

T andolsi thouraya.andolsi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 10:41:54 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm using QT-5.1.1.

I'm trying to run a video with a large size (600Mb but we have only 400Mb),

- Using http protocol, the video starts to play and then I'm getting  the
following failures:

sometimes

"terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc"

and sometimes

"GStreamer-ERROR **: gstbuffer.c:542: failed to allocate XXXXXXXXXXX bytes"

Debugging the issue I saw that sometimes it tries to allocate an amount of
memory greater than what we have , which will cause the error.

Is the memory used before freed (allocated in
StreamingClient::didReceiveData)?
What could be the cause of the issue?

- Using the file protocol, I'm getting from the beginning the following
error

"terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc"

It is trying to allocate all the size, which will cause the issue.

Is it a known issue?

Regards,
Thouraya.