[Development] look-behind assertions in syntax HL?

Giuseppe D'Angelo dangelog at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 13:12:18 CET 2014

On 13 February 2014 18:52, Matthew Woehlke
<mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> Why does the Qt5 QRegExp documentation not mention QRegularExpression?

Because it's an oversight, I guess... patches for the docs are more
than welcome! :)

(The big picture is that QRegularExpression is not a 1:1 drop in
replacement for QRegExp. Not only the Perl-compatible regexs are
significantly different, it doesn't support the other match types
supported by QRegExp (such as substring or UNIX wildcards), there are
still a couple of places in Qt where a QRegExp is used and a
QRegularExpression overload is missing (e.g. QSortFilterProxyModel or
QTextDocument). So while using QRegularExpression is a good idea in
new code, we can't just say "don't use QRegExp any more but use the
new class".)

HTH,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo