[Development] Embedded (Linux) specific features

Ch'Gans chgans at gna.org
Sat Feb 15 23:44:13 CET 2014

On 16/02/2014 9:46 AM, "Pau Garcia i Quiles" <pgquiles at elpauer.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:
>
>> I wrote some C++ classes 1.5-2 years ago for some of the following
features:

>> * GPIO
>> * Eeprom
>> * Power management
>> * LED
>> * Hardware Monitoring
>> * DMA
>> * Real Time Clock
>> * I2C
>> * SPI
>> * etc.
>>
>> Out of curiosity: is there anyone working on such classes in Qt? Would
>> such features be welcome in Qt in general? If not, why not, if yes,
>> where would they fit into the overall architecture?
>>
>> It is not necessarily embedded Linux specific, but at least embedded.
>> They might be useful on QNX, etc, but I cannot be sure. I would have a
>> hard time suggesting place like QtEmbeddedExtras or so. I have no
>> clear idea at this point.
>>
>> These are generic features, and I only thought about bringing this
>> topic up because I see customers and hobbyists reimplementing the
>> same, e.g. for the raspberry pi.
>>
>> Apologies if there are no interest at all for this.
>>

> I'm interested in almost all of the above, (and CAN bus communication)

Yes, me too. It would be nice to group this kind of things in a module.
Linux-iio is in my list too.

It might be worth looking at Qt internal to see if they have some reusable
components for interacting with /sys.

Is your code accessible somewhere? Maybe we should start a discussion here
or on Qt project wiki. What about starting with usecases collection?

Chris