[Development] Feature Request : Export QML file as an image

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 12:27:41 CET 2014

Hi,

I would like to propose a feature for Qt Quick Designer to allow to export
QML file into an image. For example, when you are editing a QML in
graphical mode , you may press right click on a specific "state" then it
will show a popup menu. Then you may choose to export the "state" into an
image file.

That will be very useful for preparing design/meeting document. It could
describe the possible states within a QML file to designer/product owner.
It may even draw the linkage between the state , which is difficult to show
in the Qt Quick designer.

The reason to propose this feature is that I found it is very difficult to
explain the design of state / flow to designer(s) during a review meeting.
Especially when there are multiple designer there. Lets them explain their
desire of changes on a paper is much better than changing the code
directly. It can shorten the time of meeting.

Although many people not suggested using storyboard feature in iOS for
production product, it can really make the communication easier.

I have submitted a feature request already.
([#QTCREATORBUG-11494]<https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-11494>)
.Please kindly cast your vote to this feature. I will be grateful if you
can consider this feature request.

Thanks