[Development] Missing documentation

Sze Howe Koh szehowe.koh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 03:57:56 CET 2014

On 21 February 2014 00:52, Giuseppe D'Angelo <dangelog at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 February 2014 17:45, Shaw Andy <Andy.Shaw at digia.com> wrote:
>> How was this list created? Because it seems that although some are actually missing it also contains ones that aren't, e.g. QSqlTableModel::record().
>
> I think the "official" list should be the ones that qdoc outputs when
> running "make docs". If qdoc doesn't find a piece of documentation for
> any reason (including possible qdoc bugs), something must be done --
> write the docs, fix the docs, fix qdoc...

Yes, I generated the list from qdoc. Here's what I did:

1. configure
2. make module-qtbase
3. make html_docs
4. grep "warning: No documentation for"
5. (Run output through a script for formatting and to remove
duplicates, constructors, destructors, and operators).

qdoc fails to create links to a few existing pages (e.g. QTBUG-35865),
so I won't be surprised if it reports a few false positives about
missing docs here.

With QSqlTableModel::record() though, there are 2 instances and one of
them doesn't have documentation attached
(http://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/sql/models/qsqltablemodel.cpp.html#_ZNK14QSqlTableModel6recordEv).
Adding the "\overload" command might fix that.

Regards,
Sze-Howe