[Development] Regression on ARM7 in Qt 5.2.1, QtQml, string property bindings

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Mon Feb 24 14:40:26 CET 2014

Hi all,

I've been trying to upgrade to Qt 5.2.1 in an embedded application on an
ARM7-based Linux device. It has been running fine with 5.2.0, but once we
upgraded to 5.2.1, "nothing" worked anymore.

The application uses c++ QObject-based classes that are exposed to Qt Quick
using setContextProperty. These classes have various properties used by the
Qt Quick items.

Qt Quick Items are unable to use string properties from these objects
directly if they are not defined as a "local" property with binding first.
You get error messages like this:
"qrc:/QtQuick/Dialogs/DefaultFileDialog.qml:367:27: Unable to assign
[undefined] to QString"
The same code runs without any problems on the desktop Linux.

It has already been reported on the bug tracker, but it seems to have gone
by unnoticed:

It's a rather serious problem and makes 5.2.1 unusable for us. I'm worried
that this will continue on into 5.3 as well. So I thought I'd bring the
issue up here.

Best regards,
Ola Røer Thorsen