[Development] Performance of QUdpSocket writeDatagram between Qt4 and Qt5 in different GNU/Linux platforms

Mauro Brenna malloblenne at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 10:56:58 CET 2014

Hello Peter,
no I haven`t report it in a bug tracker yet. I still do not know if it is
just an issue related to my specific platform.
If I interpreted correctly what Thiago is trying to explain, maybe using
QT5 together with some other low level library of some specific version I
might have installed in my platform can cause this unexpected ioctl call?
Is there a way to get rid of that? Maybe initializing under the hood the
socket handled by QUdpSocket with some 'magic' parameter? Also the sendto
function seems to use a slightly different set of parameters. Can I make
those ones the same of the QT4.8.5?

Regards,

Mauro