[Development] Why QDoc and not Doxygen?

Steve Gold steveg2357 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 17:03:37 CET 2014

Since Doxygen is written in Qt, supports multiple languages including QML (via Doxyqml) and interfaces with Graphviz, why is QDoc used instead of Doxygen for Qt documentation? Doxyqml revisions are required to support some of the Qt documentation commands that it can’t handle, but this may be an easier and better route than updating and maintaining QDoc.

Any opinions?

Thanks.

Steve

P.S. I am posting this to the Beta Testing forum and this group since I’m not sure which is “more” appropriate.