[Development] Building add-in installer

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at digia.com
Mon Jan 6 16:39:43 CET 2014

On 04.01.2014 17:04, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:

> But it says nothing about building the installer for the Qt VS Add-in.

That's because the open source repository doesn't contain the files
needed to build the installers. The actual installer files where never
publicly released, because they are part of the old Trolltech NSIS
installers. It would be quite a bit of work to extract the add-in
related parts from that Gordian knot.

> If I have understood tools\buildAddin\buildAddin.cmd correctly, I need
> one clone of the VS Tools repository for each version of Visual Studio I
> want to support. Is that so? Are there instructions somewhere?

Yes, for every supported Visual Studio version you'll need a clone. The
script assumes that all VS versions are installed on the machine.
For building installers it uses a magic script called iwmake.
You may find it somewhere in a forgotten Qt clone on the net but I bet
the addin config files will be missing.

Sorry, I know this answer is disappointing, but if you need to build
installers for the VS add-in it would be easiest to create installer
files yourself and contribute them to the project.

Regards,

Joerg