[Development] Proposal for allowing handling of HTTP redirects in QNAM

Peter Hartmann phartmann at blackberry.com
Tue Jan 7 09:43:16 CET 2014

On 12/31/2013 06:35 AM, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
> Okay. I think Richard also suggested the same approach, i.e as long as
> we are being redirected, we don't emit the downloadProgress (and other
> signals indicating there is data available) and do it only once we
> arrive at the final url (though we continue to read the full response
> of each redirect). So the final signals will reflect the data as if
> the request was made directly to that url. Is that your understanding
> too?

Sounds good to me as well; while technically a site often sends a body
with a redirect, in practice all the information needed is stored in the
"Location:" header. So we could just discard the body for redirecting
replies in the "follow automatic redirects" case. If an app does want to
use the body, it could still handle redirects itself...

Peter