[Development] moving some SystemInfo stuff into qtbase (was Re: QtDriveInfo module in Playground)

David Faure david.faure at kdab.com
Mon Jan 13 19:17:24 CET 2014

On Monday 13 January 2014 18:04:24 Tony Van Eerd wrote:
> > 1) well, it can go to qt base, but what module? We can't add mount and
> > monitor to qtcore, because Linux implementation will require dbus.
>
> I'm not familiar with the details there, can you briefly explain why dbus is
> necessary and why it is a bad thing for qtcore?

QtCore can't link to QtDBus, since QtDBus links to QtCore.

Mounting can still be done with `mount`, no?
Notifications mean listening to dbus signals though, indeed. Tricky.
Maybe by using libdbus directly, but this contradicts the long term plan of
not using libdbus in QtDBus (AFAIK).

--
David Faure | david.faure at kdab.com | Managing Director KDAB France
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090