[Development] QAbstractFileEngine plans?

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Tue Jan 14 12:55:46 CET 2014

Hi,

What's the status of QAbstractFileEngine these days? Is anyone working on a replacement, or are there any plans to remove it completely?

I understand that we dropped it from the public API because of some flaws in its design (see the original commit, [1]). Anyhow, we're using it quite extensively in the installer framework, and running our own abstraction would be quite some tedious work. So far we just include the private header, which is actually even properly exported since 5.1.0 ... If it stays like this I'm fine, I just don't want to be surprised by some last minute change dropping it from the codebase ;)

Regards

Kai

[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,15236
--
   Kai Köhne, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
   Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B