[Development] moving some SystemInfo stuff into qtbase (was Re: QtDriveInfo module in Playground)

David Faure david.faure at kdab.com
Mon Jan 13 20:06:25 CET 2014

On Monday 13 January 2014 22:00:53 abbapoh at gmail.com wrote:
> >> But I think maybe we should get the C++ APIs into qtbase, so that
> >> QtQuick.Controls.FileDialog doesn't depend on qtsystems.

Let me rewind a bit here... I thought QtCore would have query stuff, not mount
functionality - which most apps don't need.

Is this because you want to offer mounting devices in QFileDialog?
But in practice QFileDialog is reimplemented on almost all platforms via the
QPA, or should be, right? So that seems a bit pointless.

And QtQuick.Controls.FileDialog might not be currently reimplemented via the
QPA, but then that's a bug - it should be, to provide consistent dialogs to
the user.

So e.g. KDE can provide the same mounting capabilities (via the Solid
framework) in both dialogs.
Hmm, OK, on Windows I suppose embedding the native file dialog into QtQuick is
not so great?

--
David Faure | david.faure at kdab.com | Managing Director KDAB France
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090