[Development] Qt5, Widget move events, and the bug that won't die

Tomasz Siekierda sierdzio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 18:09:13 CET 2014

On 13 January 2014 21:12, Alex Montgomery <apmontgomery at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I understand that Widgets are considered "complete" in Qt5, and no new
> features are going to be added, but it's seeming more and more like the
> actual position of developers is that Widgets are fully deprecated.

I have no comment on the actual issue, but I think you are wrong in
claiming that widgets are effectively deprecated. See the "what's new
in Qt 5.2" in QtWidgets section, for example:
https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/whatsnew52.html#qt-widgets
and the list of bugfixes:
https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtbase/source/7edb5f22bf78cf2691145ab4160998c7b7f9416a:dist/changes-5.2.0#L387

there is quite a lot going on in Widgets :)

Cheers,
sierdzio