[Development] Qt 5.3 Feature freeze is coming quite soon...

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Fri Jan 17 09:12:50 CET 2014

Ok, that's around 10% of Qt Network. From my side, I'm ok to simply add it there (and the QML component to qtdeclarative), but I'd like to hear an opinion from Peter and Rich.

Cheers,
Lars

On 17/01/14 09:07, "Kurt Pattyn" <pattyn.kurt at gmail.com<mailto:pattyn.kurt at gmail.com>> wrote:

On 17 Jan 2014, at 08:54, Knoll Lars <Lars.Knoll at digia.com<mailto:Lars.Knoll at digia.com>> wrote:

>From a feature point of view it would fit best into Qt Network. But it's a sizeable piece of code added to Qt Network. Do you have any numbers on how this changes the size of Qt Network?

The binary release library on OSX is 197 KB (against 1.5MB for the QtNetwork library). There are around 7000 lines of code, 16 header files, 13 source files (these include the QML module), 3 public C++ classes and 1 public QML component.

Cheers,

Kurt

Peter and Rich, and comments from your side?

Cheers,
Lars