[Development] Text to Speech classes (tts)

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at digia.com
Fri Jan 17 18:45:07 CET 2014

Fredag 17. januar 2014 18.17.14 skrev Oswald Buddenhagen:
> On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 05:37:36PM +0100, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> > Fredag 17. januar 2014 17.28.43 skrev Oswald Buddenhagen:
> > >
> > > please outline where you imagine this code ending up when it is ready.
> >
> > Since it is rather special purpose I would be fine with it staying as
> > add-on module - so for all I care it can be qt/qspeech.
>
> then that's where the repo should live to start with.
>
> > My current simple start is just one public class (it will need a bit more
> > interface to enable configuration of voices and languages).
> >
> > It has no gui deps, so it doesn't belong into anything gui* and I don't
> > think qtcore fits either.
>
> unless you want to deeply entangle it with the accessibility
> infrastructure, keeping it separate probably makes most sense.

No, despite my interest in accessibility, I'd rather have it an independent
building block - it's helpful when writing a map navigation system, or
assistive technology or probably other things that we didn't think of yet.

I guess qt/qspeech is the best place then, thanks.

--
Best regards,
Frederik Gladhorn