[Development] Text to Speech classes (tts)

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at digia.com
Fri Jan 17 18:47:46 CET 2014

Fredag 17. januar 2014 18.17.57 skrev Kevin Krammer:
> On Friday, 2014-01-17, 17:43:40, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
> > Fredag 17. januar 2014 16.13.16 skrev Kevin Krammer:

> > > I could imagine that the respective system dependencies could rather
> > > different, i.e. speech input and speech output having asymetric
> > > technology
> > > requirements.
> > >
> > > In which case a single module would drag in both. Are both likely to be
> > > used together or could there be common cases which use only one of them?
> >
> > That really depends on the application, but no matter what we can even
> > have
> > two libraries in one module/repo, so I wouldn't mind having both in one
> > place unless one of them grows huge.
>
> I was mostly thinking about consequences of
> QT += speech
>
> This would make the application link against both libraries, no?

Sure, but it hasn't been released yet ;)
I'd get it started and then see where we end up. I do think this is great
input and I will have to rename my stuff to not use qspeech but something that
implies tts in the classes so that the recognition part can coexist nicely.

Thanks for the feedback.

Frederik

--
Best regards,