[Development] Fwd: Qt 5.3 Feature freeze is coming quite soon...

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 21:01:46 CET 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM, Richard Moore <rich at kde.org> wrote:

> Resend from the right email address.

I'm inclined to agree with Rich, opting for keeping this as an addon.. for
now. It's a 7k loc codebase that was mostly written in the past 1-3 months.
How much has it been tested in the real world? Do you have examples of
people using it in production? It also seems like actual review of the
module has just begun in this very email thread.

There's likelihood that the API is going to change (perhaps dramatically)
based on actual usage, and you would be limiting your ability to make those
changes by moving it into the core module.

tl;dr: wouldn't it be better to maintain it as an add-on for now and let it
mature a little bit, rather than rush to judgement for this release?

Matt