[Development] How to write a ChangeLog entry

Blasche Alexander Alexander.Blasche at digia.com
Tue Jan 21 09:09:43 CET 2014

I hope I am not rehashing something old with this question but at least I am not aware of it.

Why are you pushing change log items for modules outside of qtbase to qtbase?

http://qt-project.org/wiki/Change-files-in-Qt-5.2

clearly accumulates the various files from the various git repos.

>> QtBluetooth
>> -----------
>>
>>  - Documentation:
>>    * Fix cases where device and service discovery classes emitted an error
>>      signal but the human readable error string was not adjusted.
>
>How is this a documentation issue? If it's a minor documentation fix, it
>probably isn't relevant for the changelog.

The release branch of the git repo for this module has had the relevant fix for the above issue for some time.

If you want to put the change files for all modules into qtbase then I suggest you grab them from the relevant module. I cannot modify already committed changelog entries but I do maintain a sane changes file for the module. Nevertheless I maintain my believe that it's wrong to put them all into qtbase which would also raises the question why the modules still have them.

--
Alex

P.S. I do use you change log script as well but I tend to cut the irrelevant stuff out and then push to the module repo.