[Development] Remove OSX 10.6 Build?

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Tue Jan 21 19:48:17 CET 2014

On Tuesday 21 January 2014, Sorvig Morten wrote:
> Obviously it’s not going to stand forever, especially when seeing the
> strong opinions from the Qt on Mac developers. We are moving in the
> direction of not supporting 10.6. The 5.3 binary packages will not support
> it. QtWebkit lives its own life - if upstream does not support 10.6 then
> there is little we can do.

QtWebKit in Qt 5.2 does support 10.6, and since the branch used by 5.2 is
scheduled to be the last upstream branch of WebKit, it should not be a problem
(at least not any more, I had to perform major surgery on the code to even
build with gcc 4.2). So QtWebKit should have no problem continuing the same
support as the rest of Qt for 10.6.

Regards
`Allan