[Development] Remove OSX 10.6 Build?

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 16:15:16 CET 2014

> If you do the math from the data available here http://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0
> (that’s December 2013), 10.6 accounts for slightly less than 20% of all the OS X versions. Let’s suppose those numbers reflect the reality.

For our app at least, the numbers are close to our actual OS X usage
figures. Last I checked in September 2013, 20% of Mac users were on OS
X 10.6. I should be able to get more up to date numbers if that is
useful.

As for the reason why usage of OS X 10.6 is still high - I think that
is down to awareness of the need to upgrade and the effort/time vs.
perceived benefits, as well as hardware compatibility issues. Once
browsers (FF, Chrome) make a move towards dropping 10.6 support this
might help awareness.

Regards,
Rob.