[Development] Remove OSX 10.6 Build?

Jake Petroules jake.petroules at petroules.com
Thu Jan 23 17:59:33 CET 2014

On 2014-01-23, at 11:45 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On quinta-feira, 23 de janeiro de 2014 15:15:16, Robert Knight wrote:
>> As for the reason why usage of OS X 10.6 is still high - I think that
>> is down to awareness of the need to upgrade and the effort/time vs.
>> perceived benefits, as well as hardware compatibility issues. Once
>> browsers (FF, Chrome) make a move towards dropping 10.6 support this
>> might help awareness.
>
> 10.6 is the last version to support running on 32-bit x86 processors, just
> like 10.5 was the last with PowerPC support.

Also remember that while 10.5 is the last version to run on PowerPC processors, 10.6 is the last version to support running PowerPC applications using the Rosetta emulator, and as a development environment, it's the latest OS X which can target all versions of OS X on all architectures.

> --

Jake Petroules
Chief Technology Officer
Petroules Corporation ยท www.petroules.com