[Development] OS X bundle detection

Samuel Gaist samuel.gaist at edeltech.ch
Fri Jan 24 09:25:35 CET 2014

Hi guys,

While reviewing https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,59523 Jake Petroules brought up an interesting point about the list of extensions that would be worth testing.

Extending this list would make the current test (if else if) getting a bit long and not necessarily the "good thing to do (™)" so once the list of extension is decided I would like to know what would be the Qtish way to store it:

A static QVector inside the function ?
A static QVector outside the function with an intializing function ?
Other container/algorithm best suited ?

Also, since this update would first go in Qt 5, I would like to know what would be the procedure to get it back in Qt 4: update this change set to include the new code ? Push this one and cherry pick the additional changes ? Cherry pick both and squash them ? I don't know if the last one is doable nor recommended. Any advice on this matter appreciated

Thanks !

Samuel