[Development] Qt High-dpi QtCS report and patch status (on hold)
Morten.Sorvig at digia.com
Wed Jul 2 14:33:40 CEST 2014
A quick report from the contributors summit (I apologize for the delay and sketchy notes):
* I went though the general approach:
- Setting the scale factor:
- platform plugin: QWindow::devicePixelRatio, QScreen::devicePixelRatio
- the user: QT_HIGHDPI_SCALE_FACTOR=2
- per-screen config file?
- QtWidgets / QtQuick / Application : device-independent pixels
- QPA: QWindow/QWindowSystemInterface : scaling layer
- Platform plugins: device pixels
- QWindow and platform plugins
- setGemetry()/geometry() is in device-independent pixels
- platform plugins must scale when using QWindow API
* There was discussion on several points:
- There are font kerning issues on Linux (and probably Windows) due to the scaling. How can we resolve this?
- Do we really want to add scaling to QtGui? The alternative is to wait until there is OS support.
- Windows and its three high-dpi modes.
On to the patch status: (https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/86107/)
Based on the patch reviews on gerrit and some discussion on irc I’ve decided that we don’t have a good enough consensus to merge the patches. I’m putting them on hold until after the summer break at least.
More information about the Development