[Development] Guidelines for reporting bugs in Qt

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Fri Jul 4 11:28:28 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 08:41:37PM +0100, Richard Moore wrote:
> Overall this is very good, but there are a couple of things that could be
> improved:
>
> - Asking people for a unit test in the bug tracker when we're not allowed
> to include this in Qt without submission via gerrit seems likely to cause
> conflict. I'd suggest either removing this section or explaining a
> mechanism that would allow the test to be used.

i think some people in the project are a bit too dogmatic in this
regard. good test cases are typically so short and "unimaginative" that
they cannot reasonably violate copyright or patents, and can therefore
be safely submitted to gerrit by anyone. if you deem a test case to be
complex enough to be considered a creative work or invention (which
would usually be a bad sign to start with), you can still point the
reporter to the contribution process.

> - Please make clear that security issues should be reported to
> security at qt-project.org

i added that.

i also clarified the clause directed at commercial customers.