[Development] Failure to push a code review request to Gerrit

İsmail Dönmez ismail at i10z.com
Sun Jul 6 14:26:08 CEST 2014

Hi,

I created a bugfix branch in qtbase git checkout, committed and made sure
it has a Change-Id.
But when I try to push it git tells me I am lacking the necessary push
rights:

[~/qtbase]> git push ssh://cartman@codereview.qt-project.org:29418/qt/qtbase
 HEAD:refs/for/stable
Counting objects: 11, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (6/6), done.
Writing objects: 100% (6/6), 699 bytes, done.
Total 6 (delta 5), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Resolving deltas: 100% (5/5)
remote: Branch refs/heads/stable:
remote: You need 'Push' rights to upload code review requests.
remote: Verify that you are pushing to the right branch.
remote: User: cartman
remote: Please read the documentation and contact an administrator
remote: if you feel the configuration is incorrect
remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
To ssh://cartman@codereview.qt-project.org:29418/qt/qtbase
 ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/stable (cannot upload review)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://
cartman at codereview.qt-project.org:29418/qt/qtbase'

I did accept the CLA on Gerrit instance long ago. Any idea what might be
wrong?

Thanks.